Nominees for the award must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a current member of TSSSA and a current member of NSSSA.
(The TSSSA Supervisor of the Year is automatically nominated for the National Social Studies Supervisor of the Year Award.)
2. Should exemplify the leadership role of a social studies supervisor, although the nominee does not have to hold a supervisory title.
• Description of the position held by nominee.
• Description of 250 words or less explaining why the candidate is being nominated.
• Vita of nominee: schooling, positions held, professional memberships, activities.
• Support materials (up to 5 pages): May include letters of support from colleagues, administrators, professional acquaintances, students, parents, as well as, newspaper articles, miscellaneous information to help us know the nominee better